URCS Measures of Excellence
There are many ways to measure the quality of a University of Rochester Department of Computer Science (URCS). By almost any measure URCS does very well.
The URCS faculty includes 19 tenure-track professors (James Allen, Zhen Bai, John Criswell, Chen Ding, Sandhya Dwarkadas, Daniel Gildea, Lane Hemaspaandra, M. Ehsan Hoque, Ji Liu, Jiebo Luo, Henry Kautz, Randal Nelson, Sreepathi Pai, Len Schubert, Michael Scott, Daniel Stefankovic, Muthu Venkitasubramaniam, Chenliang Xu, Yuhao Zhu), Associate Professors (instruction) (Ted Pawlicki, George Ferguson), lecturers (Robert Kostin, Eustrat Zhupa) and 10 affiliated faculty members, from Brain and Cognitive Science (Robbie Jacobs, Florian Jaeger), Physics (Gourab Ghoshal), Linguistics (Aaron White) and electrical and computer engineering (Wendi Heinzelman, Michael Huang, Guarav Sharma, Thomas Howard, Zhiyao Duan, Engin Ipek).
- AAAI Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence President: Kautz (2010-2012)
- Director of the Division for Information and Intelligent Systems, National Science Foundation: Kautz (2018-2021)
- AAAI National Conference on Artificial Intelligence: Ferguson (2004 conference co-chair)
- ACM Multimedia Conference: Luo (2010 program co-chair)
- ACM Transactions on Computational Logic: Schubert (editorial board, 2007–)
- AI Magazine: Kautz (editorial board)
- Computational Complexity: Hemaspaandra (editorial board)
- Computing Research Repository: Hemaspaandra (computational complexity area moderator, 1998–2009)
- EATCS-Springer Monographs in Theoretical Computer Science series: Hemaspaandra (advisory board)
- EATCS-Springer Texts in Theoretical Computer Science series: Hemaspaandra (advisory board).
- Electronic Proceedings in Theoretical Computer Science: Hemaspaandra (editorial board)
- IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence: Luo (editorial board, 2006–2011)
- IEEE Transactions on Multimedia: Luo (editorial board, 2004-2008)
- IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology: Luo (editorial board, 2009–2012)
- Information and Computation: Hemaspaandra (editorial board)
- International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems: Scott (2012 program chair)
- International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition: Luo (2012 program co-chair)
- International Conference on Content